Trinity School of Nursing
Nurse Assistant Program (CNA)
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Program 160 Hours
Full Time: Monday to Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
Location: Ventura and Santa Barbara
A Nurse Assistant, who had passed the State examination is called Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA). CNA's provide basic care to patients/residents who may have trouble to do their own activities of daily living. CNA's work under the supervision of a licensed nurse (LVN or RN). Common places of employment are Long Term Care facilities ( nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities), Assisted living facilities or Hospitals.
Duties of a Nurse Assistant:
1. Assist with Activities of Daily Living to those who cannot undertake their own such as Bathing and dressing Residents, Serving meals and assisting with feeding, assisting with turning and repositioning in bed, assisting with transfer to and from bed, making beds, assisting with toileting, etc.
2. Check vital signs (Blood pressure, Temperature, Pulse, Respirations, O2 Saturation) and check if in pain.
3. Report any changes in condition or behavior to charge nurse.
1. Must have a High School Diploma
2. Must be 16 years old, with valid ID and Social Security Card
1. Complete 60 hours of Theory Instruction and 100 hours of Clinical Training
2. Criminal Clearance-Live Scan required
3. Physical Examination and Tuberculosis Clearance
FAQ's about CNA, pls click here:
Home Health Aide
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) Program 40 hours
Full Time or Part Time Weekends: 7:00am to 3:30pm
Home Health Aide
After a Home Health Aide Certification Training , a CNA can be double certified by becoming a Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA). CHHA's perform basic activities of daily living skills and other routine care such as help with artificial limbs or walking aids, basic dressing changes, vital signs, hospice care, etc, which normally takes place in the privacy of a person's home or in an assisted living home. CHHA's are usually employed by home health agencies, hospice agencies and staffing agencies so patients can remain at home and maintain dignity while receiving assistance.
Duties of Home Health Aide:
1. Assist with Activities of Daily Living in client's home, such as Bathing/Shower, Dressing, Feeding, Transferring, etc and perform basic procedures according to MD order.
2. Report to the Registered Nurse changes in patient's condition and behavior in the home.
3. Communicate with client's and client's family, healthcare team and agency.
1. Must be already a CNA in California
2. Must complete 40 hours of approved HHA training
5500 Telegraph Road Suite 145
Tel# (805) 654-1500
Santa Barbara, California
7 W. Figueroa St. Suite #300